TechSpot

Driver problem

1. Dear All here!
    My pc is Dell GX520, windows xp64bit, before I set up no problem but now my sound and other have yellow mark, like the picture,
    How to settle this problem?
    thank

Attached Files:

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,018   +912

As long as the sound works you are fine since the SoundMax is the main driver and is functioning. If you wanna remove the yellow mark, right clock on each one separately and press "Update Drivers". It will then search your PC or online for a driver, it may not be the most up to date, but it gets the job done.

3. Heng Sea Hong

Heng Sea Hong TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 47

Thank for reply for soundmax ready set up and I try to update but still can't done,
    I try to set up chipset also can't.

4. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,373   +167

You have a bigger problem :(

Your Device Manager snapshot shows an error with the Plug and Play Software Enumerator. That will cause many problems on your computer. Do you have the installation CD? I'd suggest you try a repair install to fix all those broken Windows drivers (which includes the PnP SW Enumerator)

5. Heng Sea Hong

Thank for all reply,
    I will try reset up, now it ok I got settle all the problems,
    thank again
    best regards

6. edwardsmith

edwardsmith TS Rookie

It means that your sound card driver is installed but they not working properly. Try to update your sound card driver if your are not able to update your sound card driver please consult some windows tech support member for solving your problem

7. Heng Sea Hong

thank now I solved the problem it can play sound back

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.