driver question

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilduck

ok, ive installed new drivers for my GF4. Before doing it i went into Add\Remove programs and removed the old ones, but it still said it found old drivers when i ran the installation for the new ones. Do i have to delete everything in my NVidia folder too?
Because ive noticed the files in there are similar to teh ones with my new drivers and i think they might be my original drivers that came with the card. Can i delete the Nvidia folder stuff safely?

Ive attached a screen if you dont know what the heck im talking about. Is it safe to delete all the files you see there?

(minus the ones in the WinXP folder)

No you don't have to delete anything in the nVidia folder. The only thing you not must do is delete the old drivers, if you do there might have been some important file which was required for the new instalation. Next time you install a new driver don't delete the old ones because the new ones will symply overwrite them. Hope this helps :) . If this doesn't work there is a utility for this type of job. (forget what it's called)

Detonator Destroyer is a utility that will remove the old Detonator drivers so that you can install the new ones. It is recommended that you do this anytime you upgrade your Detonator drivers. You'd also want to run it if you changed the video card.

ok i'll get that thx guys

is there a difference between detonator drivers and display drivers? or is it he exact same thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back