Driver state power failure and irql

jessie5788

i keep getting the blue screen with the IRQL not less or equal blue screen error and the driver state power failure..whats going on :(
i didn't install anything it just happen last night when while i was on the internet..i looked it up and find this site can anyone help me..please

This error message could be hardware or software related, it would be more helpfull to have the exact wording of the error message including the address number/code. What does your Event logs tell you (Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer, right click > Properties)?

The IRQL not less or equal blue screen error is usually due to failing memory. You can test your ram with memtestx86. You must create the bootable disc to check your memory. The instructions and download are on the link below. Download the cd disc iso image. I recommend you use ImageBurn to burn the image to the disc.

http://www.playtool.com/pages/memtest/memtest.html

http://download.cnet.com/ImgBurn/3000-2646_4-10847481.html << ImageBurn download.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mime42kGoc8 << How to use ImageBurn to burn an ISO image.

my laptop wont allow me to use many programs at once its freezes up and then i might get the blue screen or just freeze and nothing else will happen...i checked my event logs <under administration events...it looks like i have a program named kernel power which is listed under critical...so that's a problem ..... the times for the kernel power problems also match my minidump data so this may be the problem.. thanks for telling me about the event viewer..

also found this

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Event ID: 41
Level: Critical
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

The Details tab shows the following information:

EventData
BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress true
PowerButtonTimestamp 129165039139928187

Thanks for the reply. Click on the link and download the User Profile Hive Cleanup Utility executable file from Microsoft.

The User Profile Hive Cleanup service helps to ensure user sessions are completely terminated when a user logs off. System processes and applications occasionally maintain connections to registry keys in the user profile after a user logs off. In those cases the user session is prevented from completely ending.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6d-8912-4e18-b570-42470e2f3582&displaylang=en

actually now it looks like i have a serious virus...system restores work for a few hours but the virus stays on my computer...i may just have to reset it too factory standards if i cant find a solution but ill try your link

unfortunately i completely screwed up my laptop..i tied to restart my computer from scratch but i decided to keep my files on my drive i knew it wouldn't erase the virus but i really wanted to save my data.. when i created my new user name and information my laptop got a blue screen..now im locked out out my laptop and its asking for the windows installation disk ..which i dont have.....im trying to find a boot able anti-virus program i can use with a usb but my computer isnt reading the information on my flash drive.
i also took my laptop in and i have to pay 70-200 to get it fix..i rather just but the money on a new laptop.......so i have a friend who is going to take a look at it...i should just just buy a new laptop buy the anti virus and an external hard drive and back up my information monthly and save myself the headache...but thanks for helping

also my operating system is a windows 7 ..i also did several anti virus runs even one that booted up before windows and it detected a virus

hey thanks for your help...i just reinstalled windows 7 with this link i found i thought i wiped everything.. but it turns out that it saved my old data..i just went to the windows old file and my files was there...im definitely buying a external hard drive and backing my stuff up so i wont have to go through again...it was hell..lol... thanks again

Back