Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal nv4_mini.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I am a bit stumped here.. I received the BSOD that says:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and the file nv4_mini.sys..
It happened right after I put my sound card in that I found finally (been missing since I moved).
Now doing a search around here, It seems to be bad drivers, or an ancient card? Well theres no way my video card could be bad, it is a month old.
How could it be my nvidia drivers, when it only happens when I put my sound card in? Cpu runs find without the sound card, but I would really like sound.
Any suggestions?
I have trouble when trying to upgrade my nvidia drivers.. Sometimes It gets stuck in 4-bit 8 color mode, and I can't even view web sites with that.
Is it my soundcard, its ancient? Or Drivers... any help would be appreciated, thank you

Ian

Well that error is caused either by a faulty driver or bufggy software. Update your drivers for both your video and sound cards.

another problem, maybe related?

Thank you, I have since updated my video and sound drivers, and now I can play with sound finally.

However, for some reason, with the sound card installed, my internet is very slow.. online gaming has 5 second pauses, it's almost unplayable.. I'm hooked up through a wireless Linksys router, and that too has the latest drivers.
Any suggestions?

Well that seems to be fixed now.. I have the sound card out at the moment, but it's conflicting with my wireless network card I think.. I'm not even sure if my onboard network works, ill try that this weekend and let yall know the outcome.
I'm open to any suggestions too, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back