Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal stop 0x000000d1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I'm new to the site and appreciate your insight and help. First, I'm running a Dell Inspiron 6000 Intel Centrino 1.86 GHz w/ 512 MB RAM running XP Media Center SP3. I'm having a problem with a BSOD every time I load a disk in the DVD-ROM. MS sent me a hotfix, which worked until I loaded SP3. When I re-run it, it says it won't work with this SP. Obviously, I don't want to uninstall the SP. The full message is driver_irql_not_less_or_equal stop 0x000000D1 (0xF87BE036,0x00000002,0x00000008,0xF87BE036) I posted this and searched at the MS KnowledgeBase, but have come up with nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sincerely,
PBCasey

0xD1 errors are caused by Device Driver problems mainly, could you upload the MiniDumps or list the Probable Cause listed in the MiniDump to see what is actually causing this Problem.

Oh Sorry here you go :).

Start > My Computer > Local Disk C: > WINDOWS > Minidump > "Your MiniDumps will be here" Please Upload them If any are there.

Minidump files

Hi, the folder had 4 files in it. The 2 from 8-19-08 are the 2 we're interested in. I don't mean to overstate the obvious, but I'd rather give too much info than too little. If there is anything else to upload or disclose, please let me know. Thanks again for the assistance.
Sincerely,
PBCasey

it sounds like a bad RAM stick/s. Run Memtest on each stick for 7 passes, if you get any errors, its the RAM

I'd also check the RAM first - that was the problem with my "NOT LESS OR EQUAL" problem.

Although, the RAM wasn't faulty as memtest and other ram tests confirmed. Turned out it was an incompatibility with my board.

Good luck!

Hi, the folder had 4 files in it. The 2 from 8-19-08 are the 2 we're interested in. I don't mean to overstate the obvious, but I'd rather give too much info than too little.
Thats perfectly Ok.

Ok I had a look at the MiniDumps they are all exactly the same like this, except with Different Parameters (In Black).

BugCheck 100000D1, {f867e036, 2, 8, f867e036}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for GEARAspiWDM.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for GEARAspiWDM.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for InCDrec.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for InCDrec.SYS
Probably caused by : cdrom.sys ( cdrom!CdRomReadWriteVerification+0 )

The Problem seems to be your CD writing Software or Drivers, Do you have something called Gears Software on your System if so try removing this first and see if it sorts the problem, if not please try uninstalling the CD Devices in Device Manager and then let Windows Find them again and reinstall them.

Gears

I can't find a single file with "Gear" associated with it in absolutely any way in any area of the laptop. However, InCD (also in the minidump) is an installed module in the Nero 7 Burning ROM Suite. I don't need InCD at all, but would like to keep Nero if possible. If I need to junk the whole suite, then so be it. Do you recommend removing this part (or all if necessary) of Nero, or removing and rediscovering the drive in Device Manager 1st. Great work! Thanks so much!

Sincerely,
PBCasey

(PS - Oops, we did find one "gears.gif", but that couldn't be associated with the error, could it? It was located in c:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\SYSTEM\sysinfo\graphics)

It sounds to be that Nero Software, could you uninstall Nero and then reinstall it and not Install the InCD add-on and see if it works then.

That Gif wouldn't be associated with the Errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back