Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to post details on your computer brand, model, and age...
Usually a driver error or change (but not always), this error occurs when you add or restart a component or a driver. It can result from mixing old hardware with new... or such simple tasks as plugging in a scanner or other device after previously working fine.
It can be as simple and frustrating as a driver that is too old, but can result from a failing hardware component such as a card that plugs into a slot on the motherboard... network... modem... audio, etc... and can be caused by a modem card you are not even using. Or any device which decides to fail from age or use.
If you have upgraded to VISTA or Windows 7, or added some hardware, you may have some trouble tracking this down.
So tell us more, please.

My pc isn't too old, maybe a year and a half.
Specs :
Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB graphics
Nvidia Nforce TF570 chipset
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core +5600 processor
2 GB memory
If you need to know anything more just ask.
I personally think its my chipset driver, because i haven't updated it and when it gives me the blue screen the lower text or whatever it is, malfunctioning program is nvtcpl. something like that.
I am running Windows XP OS and it has never troubled me but recently ive been having these screens. I have tried to download a new chipset driver but with the driver comes a new network controller driver, if i install the driver it will mess up my network driver and i wont be able to use net. It says that i haven't installed the driver for it..

You have to deal with the Network card driver issue, as well, sooner or later... and it could be part of the problem already.

Alright.. I installed chipset drivers and rollbacked the enumenator drivers.. the network problem remains, but if i wont be getting anymore blue screens then it means that the problem was in chipset driver. Thanks for feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back