Drivers for insyde cs553x driver XP

By coolcurrent
Aug 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,

I have tried without success to get the drivers for this mini laptop insyde cs553x driver xp. Can anybody help me with any direct link,. at least the video, chipset and audio

thanks
  2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,363   +167

If you have a network connection try DriverIdentifier

Otherwise this may also provide info. Copy the info to a USB drive so you provide all the info below maybe help me find stuff

List any Problem Devices
    • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
    • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
    • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
    • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
    Generate and attach a DirectX report
    • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
    • Notice progress in lower left window corner
    • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
    • In TechSpot window, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)
  3. coolcurrent

coolcurrent Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Problem Devices
    i have formatted the laptop out of curiosity, now when i increase the screen resolution more than 640 x 480, the taskbar is shifted far below the screen. aside this, the screen displays well in 640 x 480. where can i get the drivers now

dxdiag
  4. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,363   +167

So do you have a network connection? (It looks like the network driver is installed)

All 3 problem devices are AMD chips and i think it's AMD Geode LX chipset.

Try the AMD download site and click the option to Automatically Detect and Install. Maybe AMD will find the right drivers for each

/* edit */
    We know all 3 problem devices are AMD because they all have ID strings that start PCI\VEN_1022. PCI vendor ID 1022 is assigned to AMD so we know they're all AMD chips

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.