TechSpot

Drivers for nVidia GT220M

By don101
Aug 16, 2009
  1. howdy all,

recently bought a laptop with a nVidia GT220M in it. I'm running 64 bit windows 7 at the minute. My current drivers are 179.88 which are still installed after the upgrade from vista 64bit. they were installed from a recovery partition full of drivers and tools for the laptop.

Anyways, after that, i downloaded the latest drivers from the nVidia website but when download them i run the installer it says that theres no valid device for the drivers.

Basically im wondering what the latest drivers for a GT220M are, and where i can download them from seeing as the ones from the nVidia site dont work.

thanks.

2. mscrx

mscrx TS Rookie Posts: 310

you should stick with the driver which the laptop vendor recommends and usually makes available as a download. that is what nvidia says as well...

3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

Are these the ones you tried installing? They only support the GTX280M and GTX260M.

I would recommend trying these instead, assuming you have the 32-bit version of W7. Here is a link to the 64-bit drivers, just in case.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.