Drivers for Toshiba Satellite L300

hey friend,

i am not a computer guy so i need your help
last night i reinstalled windows vista business and i try to install drivers for graphics but the message said that it is there but could no start and it gave error code 10 and 28 something.

the drivers i need to install/ get updates for are:

Standard VGA gaphics adaptors
Realtek RTL 8101 family PCI-E fast Ethernet NIC(ND156.0)
ethernet controller
SM bus controller
video controller

i can not use internet without these

Did you try looking for your drivers on the Toshiba support site here?
> I also see there are 4 variations of model L300
> You might best to start with chipset drivers and then network drivers (so you can then download the rest over your network)

I just posted the WinXP drivers for that laptop but all the needed drivers for Vista and w7 are on toshibas web site.

Yes first chipset then network and then run Microsoft uppdate and if you need more drivers after that download them...

Can you remember what graphics card model you have?

thanks friends(looking around and DjKraid)
since i am not tech guy i dont understand the language you use about computer.
i tried to download and somehow i manage to download that Realtek ethernet stuff and once i set it up i could connect to internet and then i use automatic search featuer to install the other drivers but still i can not install SM Bus controller and i still dont know what is that for? but overall i am happy that graphics are a back to normal and i can use internet at the same time.
cna you tell me where to see graphic card model i dont know where to look because it only showed that i dont have standard VGA graphic adaptor. but now its ok because of online search feature.
but i cannot attach photo or link or screen shot because i have not posted 5 time here

Hi adl

"SM Bus Controller" is usually for an internal card reader (for example, to read a memory stick)

Try this. List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

http://support.toshiba.com/

You may find what you are looking for here at the Toshiba support site.

thank you m8 but on this page he not rekognise my serial number.. my laptop is from australia

[FONT=arial]Please try again. Enter a valid model or serial number. Click Where’s my model or serial number for more help! this message I have become after put my serial number 29663175Q OR PSLB8A-0KW004 ( IDONT NO IS THIS "NULL" OR "O" )[/FONT]

Try using your model number. The one that starts with L300- ????. This should let you pull up what you need.I have a toshibal laptop to. Thats all I used on mine to get the drivers I needed.

Back