Drivers installed but no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindflach

Hello

I have Asus P4C800 motherboard with integrated sound.I downloaded drivers(soundmax) from asus web page.
Everything installed properly,but there is no any sound.
There is no Startup sound,try to play music on winamp but here is no sound,NO SOUND HELP !! i checked audio configs but everything was ok,no mute.

Please help.

Thanks for reply,but my board supports only soundmax drivers.And as i said everything is installed properly.

Which OS you are using? (the drivers you are using are pretty old, 2003 to be exact)

In the meanwhile you should uninstall your currently installed drivers; and remove left over files with either Driver Sweeper or Driver Clean Pro (free versions of both of these are easily available). Then simply reboot. If you are using either Vista or Win7, it should auto detect your onboard sound and install windows generic drivers for it, check whether system sounds or any sound for that matter plays ok.

I am using win xp sp 2.
And sound in bios is enabled.
I'll try to remove my old sound drivers and find latest.

SP2? Dxdiag indicates you're running SP3

Also click Start->Run, enter services.msc, scroll to Windows Audio
Verify Status=Started and StartupType=Automatic

Yes it was sp3 ,but i reinstalled win.I thought that it will fix the problem.
I checked Verify Status=Started and StartupType=Automatic ,it was as you written.
Also sorry for my english :)

Your english is fine. no need for sorry :)

Do you have internal speakers? Or are you using external speakers.

Also, one method to verify its Windows and not BIOS/hardware See [post=766270]How to recover your folders/files when Windows won’t boot[/post]

Create a Knoppix CD and boot into it. Then use it to play an audio CD. Verify sound works under Knoppix

Internal speakers are the ones that come built inside of your computer.

External speakers are plugged into the PC speaker jack (so they are outside of your computer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back