TechSpot

Drivers needed for webcam

By johnk4007
Jul 18, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,

A first time post. I'm after the driver for a Webcam Speed D-pod. I'm running Windows 7 and I ran a free program called Everest to get the Hardware ID.
    USB\VID_0C45&PID_6270&REV_0100

Windows only showed the webcam as an unknown device and a USB2 Camera with no detail. I've searched for the driver with no success. I also tried by dropping off the &REV-0100 without success. I also tried several webcam drivers without success.

Perhaps I'll need to buy a current Webcam that has a Windows 7 driver however I thought that I would try to find a driver first.

I'm grateful for any help for any help.

2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,395   +169

You may be in luck (if you're running Windows 7 32bit ) ! <fingers crossed>

Create a System Restore point first (always good to be cautious). Then try downloading and running the driver installation file HERE

Please let us know if it works for you

3. johnk4007

johnk4007 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank You - The Webcam Driver Works

Hi,

Many thanks for the solution. I simply downloaded and installed the recommended driver from the link, installed it, plugged in the camera, and then success. The Webcam works.

Thanks again.

4. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,395   +169

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it worked :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.