Dropbox aims to replace the hard drive: new APIs promise easier data storage and...

By Jos
Jul 10, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Yesterday Dropbox kicked off its first developer conference since launching in 2008 by announcing a new set of APIs designed to better integrate the service with every app on every device you own. Two APIs were specifically mentioned during the...

Read more
  2. I think you may have a sticky "T" key. Great read though.
  3. I don't really understand the hype behind Dropbox. All they do is resell Amazon's cloud storage and slap a nice front-end on it.

If you're tech savvy enough you can just buy cloud storage yourself from Amazon and willy nilly your own basic front-end with some free FTP programs for significantly less money.
  4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

Your first sentence answers your confusion to the hype. People don't want to mess with that, they just want to get an app and with entering a username and pass they get their files on multiple devices. Also, I don't pay anything for Dropbox. I have 5 GB of space, perhaps that isn't enough for some people, but I suspect it is more than enough for 90+% of dropbox users.

The greater Dropbox expands its reach, the easier the NSA and the 200 other

agencies will have it when it comes to handling YOUR data! How fantastic!

What a service, WHAT A SERVICE !! ^^