Dual boot, Windows/Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilloz

A few days ago, I could not access my Windows XP because of this error: "Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \Windows\System32\Config\System". I was still able to access Ubuntu through the Dual boot startup menu. I accessed the Internet using Ubuntu to ask for help.(fourms) I tried all the suggestions for Recovery/Repair using my Windows XP installation disk and it appeared to have fixed my problem, but now it is asking me for my Administrator Password. I used or entered my Admin. Password, yet it won't let me in. When I ask for help, on the Internet, with that, everyone thinks I am trying to break in to someone else's computer and I get no responses or negative responses. It seems that I may have to do a clean Install of my Windows XP. My concern now is if the Dual Boot menu that directs me to either OS, will be wiped out when I do a clean install of Windows XP. BTW, Windows XP is solely on the C Drive and Ubuntu is on the D Drive. Each drive is 80GB. Any final suggestions before I do the clean install? As you can see, I am very hesitant in doing this. One final note, I was able to access some important files from my C Drive through Ubuntu and save them on my Flash Drive. Thanks.

dual boot

After two days I finally solved my problem. No thanks to anyone on this forum.

I'm astounded that a member with 82 posts and signed up originally in Dec 2005, could be so cold to a 1 day old thread

Your issue has been discussed many times at TechSpot, and a simple search would have provided many threads, full of answers and help, for your common Windows fault. Just today I answered a similar post, with a more patient member and provided links to Dual booting Windows. Here is that recent thread: https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=680708&highlight=dual+boot#post680708 The member with only 2 posts to his name replied back with thanks.

I must stress to all new (and old!) members, that the search feature at TechSpot will likely provide all answers to all your questions. Except for the odd 1 post every once in a while, just about all has been seen before.

But not only did you post your insult of "No thanks to anyone on this forum" but you failed to even supply the answer that helped you, and that could help others in the future (when searching)
TechSpot support members are fully volunteers, receiving zero financial gain, although providing (in some cases) hours of support to members they don't even know. Still they continue to help others, and on many occasions, with no thanks

Very dissapointing :( Next time, don't expect your help given so freely by others to you, to be so responsive. 1 day you waited I note!
icon13.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back