Dual boot Windows Vista and 98

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title says it all. How can it be done? I want to run both Win 98 and Vista on the same computer. I know how to partition, install, etc. all of that but HOW do you boot 98? Vista doesn't seem to want to allow me to do it. I've tried all the boot programs, etc. and searched the internet for days. All I see are posts about XP, Vista and Linux. But I need 98. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

errr why ???

no just kiddin, i know 98 is good for some of the old games and things and is (in my little humble opinion) still a good OS, ok some may say its antiquated but im antiquated as well,,,

Back to your question, if you wanted to install say windows 2000 and 98 you would have installed 98 first, then install 2000 second and it would create a boot menu....

Can the same not be done with Vista and 98??

Im not aware of any problems with dual booting vista and 98 but then im always willing to learn something new..

Windows 2000 is a better choice, for someone who has use windows 98se since 2000 to early 2008, trust me , windows 2000 is just like windows98se with less bugs, less BSOD, less hassle and w2k can play every game win98 can. Also there is more driver support, win98 was limited and thats why i finally left the OS.

As Tha General mentioned driver support will be a potential problem. Most, if not all, newer motherboards do not support Windows 98. They have no W98 chipset drivers.

I am using w2k right now, i would say i wouldn't even dual boot win98 or w2k. After using XP, you really don't want to go back to using win98 or w2k. Just dual boot Vista and XP, or just buy a cheap desktop computer and use xp on it. I am about to install and go back to using xp, i was just doing some testing with w2k and it sucks hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back