Dual Boot Windows XP and Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Windows XP 32 bit version installed and attempted to install Windows 7 64 bit version on a second drive (my computer supports 64 bits). Everything went ok until Windows 7 attempted to restart the computer to complete the installation. Basically, the computer re-started, the dual boot screen came on, and when I selected Windows 7 an error came on and would not restart. Unfortunately, I did not write down the exact error, but had something to do with 32 boot ini missing. I tried to re-install it a few times, and the same thing happened. I then Windows 7 and got rid of the dual boot screen. I would like to do it again, but want to do it right this time. FYI - the BIOS shows the second hard drive, but it is not shown as a drive that can be bootable. I am not sure if this is the problem. What would happen if I just unplugged my C: drive, and installed windows 7 on my second drive? When I plug my C drive back in would it dual boot, or ignore my second drive again. My second hard drive does have a letter assigned to it under disk management. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back