Dual channel vs tri-channel

1. So I'm working on a PC rebuild for work. Specifically the computer used to go graphic design for signs, which is rather Memory intensive (4ft x 8ft raster graphics take up a lot of space to load into Photoshop.....)

But what I'm wondering is Tri-Channel memory really worth the additional cost of the RAM and Mobo??

Or should I just stick with dual channel?
  2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,867   +74

Hey Tortured,
    to the public at large Intels Tri channel memory bandwidth goes unused as not a whole lot takes advantage of it, and most users would not realize a tangible difference. Doing graphic design is one of the exceptions though, and you would probably see a substantial gain from it.
  3. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,264   +41

I have to agree,

No huge difference with basic computing but with photo and movie rendering/editing it can be noticeable.
  4. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 843   +11

Ok thanks for your input. Hopefully I can talk my boss into the better (although more $$$) hardware :D. Make my life easier :p.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.