Dual monitor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a compaq 6910p running XP at work, and have almost no control over drivers, OS or other factors on this system. With my dual monitor setup, I have a secondary monitor on the left, primary (laptop screen) on the right.

Unfortunately, periodically and spontaneously, the system setting for monitor order resets itself (moving my primary to the left of the secondary).

The first time this happened, I couldn’t figure out what had happened. Now, of course, I know that I need to move my mouse in the non-intuitive direction to move it to the other screen so I can reset the properties (again!). But I’d like it if that just didn’t happen anymore.

Despite the fact that I work for a fairly large corporation, the Help Desk has never seen this problem before and has no solutions for me.

Anyone on this forum have thoughts as to why this keeps happening???

You might need a better video card, but in proprietary computer systems, your chioces might be very limited

some 'primary' displays depend upon the cabling -- especially those that use a single
port from the computer with a 'Y' cable to the display.

These cables should be marked 1 vs 2 and 1 is the 'master'.
Set the display with the '1' on the right/left per your preference.

Hmmm...that confuses me, only because the "primary" is actually my laptop screen, on the right. Then there is one cable output port from my docking station to the secondary monitor, on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back