TechSpot

Dual Monitor Setup

By LipsOfVenom
Jul 14, 2006
  1. I have 2 LCD screens hooked up to my video card at the moment and they are set at vertical (1A, 1B) configuration. When I play a game the second monitor turns off though. Is there a way I can keep my dual monitor configuration even during gaming? By the way I don't want the monitors to clone each other, but I would like a widescreen view. Thanks for your replies.

2. Alexyboy123

Alexyboy123 TS Rookie Posts: 71

My secondary moniter goes all screwy when I play game like it changes resloution and random Icons from the other desktop appear on it. And if I do anything in the on not running the game it minimises the other screen. is there any way of preventing tht.

3. onesmartidiot

onesmartidiot TS Rookie Posts: 168

both: your monitor goes "screwy" because your desktop may be set to 1024*768 and the game is set at 800*600. since the game changes the resoulution temporarily your desktop gets smaller and pushes icons around (thats why they end up on monitor 2 which holds the origional resoulution). the only time a game will use both monitors at the same time is if its designed for it. flight simulator i hear uses 2 monitors if they are there. if your game turnes off the second montior you shouldnt be able to click out of it, but i havent found a way to prevent me from "moving my way" outta the sims2 or simcity 4 if i it stays on lol.

lips: are your monitors on top of or next to eachother?
    "at the moment and they are set at vertical (1A, 1B) configuration"

4. korrupt

korrupt TS Rookie Posts: 1,060

many games dont support widescreen.

Regards,

Korrupt

5. altheman

altheman TS Rookie Posts: 541

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.