Dual monitors

All you need to add a second monitor is a graphics card with at least two display ports (which most do). Two DVI connections is recommended but you can use DP or HDMI as well. The desktop can be configured and arranged after through your video card's control panel.

Pretty much any cheap dedicated graphics card will work, the Radeon 5450 or Nvidia GT 210 are the cheapest cards out there but just make sure your motherboard has a PCI-E x16 slot.

What is the least expensive way to add a second monitor, not including cost of monitor

It might help the situation as to know what it is you currently have? Dependent on what you have is the key as to knowing if your video card can support a second monitor. But don't worry, if you've got a video card that can do dual monitor's and you've got an extra monitor laying around, then you pay nothing, no expense, it's all free! :)

It might help the situation as to know what it is you currently have? Dependent on what you have is the key as to knowing if your video card can support a second monitor. But don't worry, if you've got a video card that can do dual monitor's and you've got an extra monitor laying around, then you pay nothing, no expense, it's all free! :)

AMD Radeon HD 6530D...is this the info you need Zen? Or How about this?
Item Value
Name AMD Radeon HD 6530D Graphics
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_964A&SUBSYS_2ACF103C&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&08
Adapter Type ATI display adapter (0x964A), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. compatible
Adapter Description AMD Radeon HD 6530D Graphics
Adapter RAM 512.00 MB (536,870,912 bytes)
Installed Drivers aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,a
tidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver Version 8.892.0.0
INF File oem7.inf (ati2mtag_Sumo_Desktop section)
Color Planes Not Available
Color Table Entries 4294967296
Resolution 1280 x 1024 x 60 hertz
Bits/Pixel 32
Memory Address 0xC0000000-0xCFFFFFFF
I/O Port 0x0000F000-0x0000F0FF
Memory Address 0xFEB00000-0xFEB3FFFF
IRQ Channel IRQ 4294967294
I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF

you're in luck. AMD 6530D Graphics supports secondary display. now all you need to do is check for display connector required for your secondary display, by looking (or perhaps taking pictures) at the rear of your computer.

I can't figure out whether your HD6530D is an onboard or discrete graphics solution. either way, as long as you have the necessary display connector, you can just buy a monitor and set it up as secondary display without problems.

In regards to your AMD Radeon HD 6530, you can operate two monitors at the same time! Your just going to need to find yourself a nice D.V.I. Y-adapter!

Something like the following will work for you...

dvisplitter1m2f.jpg

I wish you the best of luck, any questions, feel free to ask them! But an adapter like the one above should work wonders for you, then you can have yourself dual monitors. Just remember, if this works out, you will then need to configure the setup, you know, "video settings" selecting which will be primary, which will be secondary, spanning images on both screens, that kind of stuff! :)

I can't figure out whether your HD6530D is an onboard or discrete graphics solution. either way, as long as you have the necessary display connector, you can just buy a monitor and set it up as secondary display without problems.
The 6530D is the graphics on an AMD APU, which will support 2 monitors.
What display connections do you have from the motherboard?

Back