DUI Modem issues

By antjscott
Jan 12, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys. On my computer I still have my dial up modem, for when i sometimes need it when i take my computer to some places. Now the problem is that i have two hard drives, one of which i have xp home (sp1), IDE HDD, (with modem drivers installed on both drives) and the other xp pro (sp2), SATA HDD, which i alternate between sometimes. I usually use my SATA hdd with xp pro sp 2, all firewalls etc disabled, no antivirus etc. now when i go to dial up, it tells me i need to reconfigure my modem or something along those lines, and wont allow me to dial up. now if i remove the modem drivers, and reboot, and reinstall them, it dials up fine. now when i turn my computer off, and turn it back on, or if i hibernate, and turn back on, same problem again. so uninstall drivers, and reinstall. works fine. can anyone help?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.