Duke Nukem Manhattan Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokem

Just noticed over at VoodooExtreme that HomeLan has a preview up on DN: Manhattan.

Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project Preview
31 March 2002 00:01 - John [JCal] Callaham
http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=5776

It’s been over six years since the shareware version of 3D Realms’s first person shooter Duke Nukem 3D was released on the net. Most people who played the game remember the way it started with the main man Duke, the best alien butt-kicker there ever was or ever will be, on a rooftop and beginning his assault on the aliens on Earth. The game was an action- packed, humor filled game with great level design, terrific one liners from Duke and, of course, lots of babes.

Sadly, Duke Nukem 3D was the last Duke Nukem game to grace a PC hard drive (not counting the many first and third party expansion packs to the game). Consoles like the Nintendo 64 and the Playstation have seen all new Duke Nukem games created by developers other than 3D Realms. A action-hunting PC game, Duke Nukem: Endangered Species, was in development at Action Forms but 3D Realms decided to pull the plug on the game’s development last year. Of course, the company has been developing its full fledged sequel to Duke Nukem 3D, the Unreal engine powered FPS Duke Nukem Forever, for several years now but only they seem to have an idea on when the game will be completed and if they do they are not saying anything publicly about it.

The game isn't a FPS. Resembles more like a Double Dragon game. Perhaps this is a preview to what's DNF
will be like... If that game ever comes out...

Thanks to: www.voodooextreme.com

Im sorry, not Duke Nukem..what was that other game that you jumped around with the jet pack on..It was dos based? Wait was it Duke Nukem? Commander Keen?

Its has that same left to right feel which I like alot..

Originally posted by svtcobra
Im sorry, not Duke Nukem..what was that other game that you jumped around with the jet pack on..It was dos based? Wait was it Duke Nukem? Commander Keen?

Its has that same left to right feel which I like alot..

Heh.. It was Cmdr Keen ;) It actually looks a LOT like a recently released game... I think it was The Rage or something.

Well they did me in, a NO SALE here. I can't stand 3rd person games, always have always will. Why would you go backwards is beyond me. I like the FPS role and do not intend on changing. I will peronnnally not buy this game. And if 3DRealms doesn't get something out soon, no one is gonna care. Of course we waited 8-10 years for Return to Wolfenstien.....sigh....

Ubi Soft Sign Up For Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - Duke returns at last...

From Gamesradar:

Ubi Soft have announced that they will be distributing Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project in Europe at the end of May.
11.jpg

Its taken a while for another Duke game to come out, many gamers are still waiting for Duke Nuken Forever to show itself. Whats with this game? Duke returning to the platform genre rather than fps (all the screenies seem to be side on)... Not really something that I appreciate but I guess I'll probably end up trying a demo or something when it comes out just incase its unusually fun...

Originally posted by Duke Nukem

Your an inspiration for birth control

We already covered that in another thread. It sux that they went this route but I believe that they are trying to resurect interest again. For me, I won't go near this one, I hate playing games like that !!

I was aware that it was mentioned in the sequels thread (where I was going to originally post it) that 3drealms were working on this rather than Duke Nukem Forever.
Wasn't aware that there was a release date or publisher talked about or any real detail, hence this post..... :confused:

Originally posted by Arris
I was aware that it was mentioned in the sequels thread (where I was going to originally post it) that 3drealms were working on this rather than Duke Nukem Forever.
Wasn't aware that there was a release date or publisher talked about or any real detail, hence this post..... :confused:

Ahh then sorry for the backlash from myself. I still don't like the game in that format. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back