dumb criminals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedster

Updated: 3:10 p.m. ET March 15, 2007
BETTENDORF, Iowa - A burglary suspect was arrested after he left behind a Corrections Department identification card he used to jimmy a lock, authorities said.

Officers said they arrested Robert Alan Fry of Rock Island, Ill., after investigating the theft Tuesday of a plastic jug containing about $400 in change from an apartment in Bettendorf. They said they found Fry’s Illinois Department of Corrections ID card at the apartment and arrested him Wednesday at a Bettendorf motel.

Fry, 43, was charged with third-degree burglary, possession of drug paraphernalia and interference and was taken to the Scott County Jail, authorities said.

Fry was released from the Illinois prison system in January, having served two years and three months of a 10-year sentence for a Rock Island County burglary.

here's another good one!

Updated: 4:35 p.m. ET Feb. 24, 2007
MURRAY, Ky. - A middle school teacher trying to buy pot was arrested after she sent text messages to state trooper instead of a dealer, police said.

Trooper Trevor Pervine was at dinner with his wife and parents celebrating a birthday when his phone started buzzing with messages about a marijuana purchase.

At first, Pervine thought the messages were from friends playing a joke, Kentucky State Police spokesman Barry Meadows said. But a couple of phone calls put that idea to rest, and Pervine responded to set up a meeting, Meadows said.

Authorities say Ann Greenfield, 34, arrived at the meeting point and found Pervine and other law enforcement officers waiting for her.

“She learned her lesson. Program your dealers into your phone,” Meadows said.

Greenfield, a teacher at Murray Middle School, was charged with conspiracy to traffic in controlled substances within 1,000 feet of a school, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, Meadows said.

She was suspended with pay pending results of an investigation, the Murray Independent School District said in a statement posted Friday on the district’s Web site. A message seeking comment left at a listing for an Ann Greenfield in Murray, Ky. was not returned.

Anyone who does crime usually have low IQ, and therefore dumb.

Exceptions are people who're bored, or desperate.

SNGX1275 said:
I hate that 'possession of drug paraphernalia' charge.
I have to agree with you on that one. While it could be assumed that a bong (or anything else paraphenalia related) will be used in conjunction with an illeagal drug, we all know that assumpion is the mother of all F ups! At least as quoted from 'Under Seige 2'.

Article said:
A lawyer defending a man accused of burglary tried this creative defense: "My client merely inserted his arm into the window and removed a few trifling articles. His arm is not himself, and I fail to see how you can punish the whole individual for an offense committed by his limb." "Well put," the judge replied. "Using your logic, I sentence the defendant's arm to one year's imprisonment. He can accompany it or not, as he chooses." The defendant smiled. With his lawyer's assistance he detached his artificial limb, laid it on the bench, and walked out.

I liked the ending :D !

I had read of this story. good defence. I don't believe it's what they wanted to hear though.:)

Tedster said:
good thing it wasn't a muslim country where they would chop it off.

Hey I just remembered something

Tedster said:
Capital Punishment Works.

Corporations and Governments are walking away with billions in the states through fraud and its no big deal.

IBN said:
Hey I just remembered something

Corporations and Governments are walking away with billions in the states through fraud and its no big deal.

Let's not impose our opinions...otherwise this will be closed by a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back