TechSpot

Dump Windows OS

By MNkat55
Feb 4, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. is there a work around for product key? >I would dearly love to ditch Windows operating systems entirely! I have had it with all the money it cost & all the space their updates takes in the computer. I don't want to pay for a new product key after spending over $90 and not being able to use the stupid thing cuz their sticker fell off years ago and my computer totally blew up so I never used it. The seller of course doesn't have that record cuz I bought the damn XP pro from him over 3 years ago so now I'm stuck w/the thing and no way to use it without paying Microsoft another $60! Hence, I just want to get away from Microsoft if I could. Any ideas community?

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,647   +323

Linux.

Ubuntu has a huge community and gets a lot of new users.
    Linux Mint is pretty popular around here.

Personally, I've been using PC-BSD 9 for a little over a month on my tertiary computer, its similar to linux but based on FreeBSD.

3. bazz2004

bazz2004 TS Maniac Posts: 488   +57

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.