TechSpot

Dungeon Keeper 2 in XP

By SwivMaster
May 13, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. from some anoying reason my dk2 dont seem to work under XP.
    i successfuly install it but then when i try to run it it opens this error window and asks me if i want to send it or dont send, that kind of anoying message that every xp user surely know.

there must be some way to run it under win XP i just cant find how :( :( :(
  2. Strakian

Strakian TS Rookie Posts: 146

I've ran it under XP, here's what you need to do.

1) Download the latest patches for DK2. They help support for 2000/XP and up the resolution to 1024x768

2) Right click the dk2.exe file and under properties tell it to run under compatibility mode for 2000 (after patching)

I think that's all I did, but I can't fully remember. What sucks is even after doing all this it would still randomly crash anywhere between an hour and 3 hours of gameplay, so save often!
  3. SwivMaster

SwivMaster TS Rookie Topic Starter

could u plz give me a link for that update?
  4. therev

therev TS Rookie

Dungeon Keeper 2 won't install on xp sp2

HAving problems installing DK@ on xp sp2 I get to about 62% of the install and then it hangs on this file speech_level10HD.SDT and then says an error -1 occured whilst copying files i can't even manually copy this file as it says invalid ms dos function any clues as to how I can get this to install ? (and before it's asked or mentioned yes this is a full retail version not a copy or pirated version) thanks to all who can help
  5. Roberto

Roberto TS Rookie

I'm having problems like the rest of u. I could install dk2 easy, but when I go to play the game it stops me and a message appears saying 'please insert the KEY CD-ROM, but i do have the key cd-rom in.

What should i do
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.