TechSpot

Dv6604nr... maybe quanta 30cf mobo

By madpraxis
Jul 2, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Hey all. couple questions that people smarter then me might be able to answer. Been a looong time since I bothered with any of this stuff :D
    Yes, its a crap computer. Broken down and tired, but... I have very little money and would like this computer to drag along for a few more years before I give up and scrape money together for a new one ;)

CPU Upgrade: Someone smarter tell me what AMD processors I could dig up from some tech graveyard and plop into this thing. I figured IF I can track them down they shouldn't be that bad price wise, and I know I can do this. If upgrading is possible. Who knows with HP....

Ram Upgrade: Natch, got this one figured out.

Basically, I guess I'm just looking for someone to help me figure out what I can plop in here. HP's website apparently hates me for some reason so I can't get a hold of the tech manuals for this thing. That and I'm going by what cpu-z tells me my motherboard is, and I'm not sure if that is correct or not...
    Oh, yes, should mention I looked up that thing. Which is why I am leery, it doesn't really look like what is in this... So, tell me what information I need to give you, what I need to do to get it, and impress me with smarts! (Please)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.