DVD burner Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I am having this killer problem with my DVD burner. No matter what program I use to burn a dvd, it says that i am not using the right type of dvd. For example:

If I put in a Sony DVD+RW and try to burn some pictures or just a plain data dvd, it will tell me that it cannot burn onto the dik because the disk is full, and that i am using a DVD+RW and should be using a DVD+RW...

also, no matter what kind of dvd i use it says it. I have used 3 packs of differnt types of dvd's and it still says the same thing.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank You!

yes.
you can do stuffs like updating firmware, reseting the registry for drive and so on.
but i think it simply "not worth it" as franky speaking the price of DVD burners nowadays are really cheap as the HD-DVD and BD are coming to town...

Thanks

Yea i was sorta thinking about buying a new one anyways. I just wish i could of found out what was wrong, cause it doesnt seem like a big problem... or atleast find out why it was saying that stuff.

oh well thanks anyways.

Updating the firmware might solve the problem. See if the drive is in PIO mode too, by right-clicking My Computer and going to Properties->Hardware->Device Manager->IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers. Under this, double-click the Primary (and Secondary if it's available) Controller and under the Advanced tab, make sure the drive(s) are in DMA mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back