TechSpot

DVD burner Problems

By Curtrain
Aug 26, 2007
  1. Hey, I am having this killer problem with my DVD burner. No matter what program I use to burn a dvd, it says that i am not using the right type of dvd. For example:

If I put in a Sony DVD+RW and try to burn some pictures or just a plain data dvd, it will tell me that it cannot burn onto the dik because the disk is full, and that i am using a DVD+RW and should be using a DVD+RW...

also, no matter what kind of dvd i use it says it. I have used 3 packs of differnt types of dvd's and it still says the same thing.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank You!

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

It may be time for a new DVD burner

3. nismo91

nismo91 TS Evangelist Posts: 899   +15

yes.
    you can do stuffs like updating firmware, reseting the registry for drive and so on.
    but i think it simply "not worth it" as franky speaking the price of DVD burners nowadays are really cheap as the HD-DVD and BD are coming to town...

4. Curtrain

Curtrain TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks

Yea i was sorta thinking about buying a new one anyways. I just wish i could of found out what was wrong, cause it doesnt seem like a big problem... or atleast find out why it was saying that stuff.

oh well thanks anyways.

5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

Updating the firmware might solve the problem. See if the drive is in PIO mode too, by right-clicking My Computer and going to Properties->Hardware->Device Manager->IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers. Under this, double-click the Primary (and Secondary if it's available) Controller and under the Advanced tab, make sure the drive(s) are in DMA mode.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.