DVD Burner won't copy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Pioneer DVD burner and I'm using Windows XP all purchased within the year

I am having trouble burning a CD. I tried to copy some pictures and videos from my camera on to a CD using Nero, Express Burn and then straight from my computer just attaching the files directly from the DVD drive. I get the same error each time. It will go thru the whole process and then at the end says there was an error and the files were not copied. I've gone thru 4 cd's already with the same results.

Please help. Remember I'm a notice at this techy stuff.

First question I have is, since you bought the PC, is this the first time you've tried burning CDs? If you have previously and then it stopped, that's a classic spyware symptom. If this is the first time you've tried, then there may be an installation problem with with the DVD drive, deviec driver or Neor burning program.

Please reply.

Best,
-- Andy

Likely, it's SPYWARE!

In this case then, it's most likely spyware. This is very common symptom, CD/DVD drive stops working. I've seen it many times.

I recommend running the following 3 anti-spyware programs (all are available in the download section at this site):

• AVG 8.0
  • Ad-Aware 2008
  • Spybot Search & Destroy

Repost with results.

Best,
-- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back