DVD Burner won't read DVD-RW's

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_eric

I was video taping a volleyball game on my trusty cam-corder and used my Toshiba DVD player to transfer the game from cam-corder onto a blank DVD-RW (it burns the disk in the DVD player if you don't no what i'm talking about) I then tried to transfer the video off of the DVD-RW onto my computer but my DVD burner wouldn't reconize the disc... I then looked around for an update to my firmware and found one on this site (https://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/8578/) it installed perfectly and i rebooted my computer and then i put the disc in again and when i tried to open the disc it said:

D:\ is no accessible.
Incorrect function.

So now i'm frusturated because it'd be nice to get this on the computer so I can edit it... Help would be appreciated.

DVD Burner Specs:
-I believe its an LG DVD burner thats what it says on the front of it...

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N
Driver Version: 5.1.2535.0

-Also I thought maybe if I used DVD shrink to back up the file onto my computer that would work but that also didn't read the disc....

K just to update this... I found the firmware update on LG's website and installed that and now i'm not getting that error message the disc opens it just tells me that there are no files on the disc when there clearly is....

It might be a multisession disc and you need to close it before you can read it. Use a tool such as Nero or Roxio to check it. Try another blank DVD-RW to see if it is your drive that doesnt like RW's or just the way the disc is written. I had a drive go bad like this... it would write DVD+R with no problem but quit working with RW's all together.

I checked the compatibility with Nero's Info Tool and it shows that my drive excepts DVD-RW's but its not able to read the disc... or the disc is in a funny format... i'm going to have to read up on my DVD player and see if I can change the settings around to get it to record in a different setting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back