TechSpot

DVD Burner

By sledgus
Jul 25, 2005
  1. I just installed a DVD burner on a friends computer, there was only room for one drive, so i had to take her CD burner out, and put the DVD burner in place. I set the DVD burner to Master, and the computer wouldnt load properly, so i set it to slave, and the computer worked fine. When i go into my computer, the drive comes up as a "CD Drive" and it doesnt say anything about it being a DVD RW etc. I am able to read CD's in the drive, and it appears to work fine, however when i go into DVD shrink the drive doesnt come up, i can only burn it as an ISO or save it to HDD or something. I thought the problem was the i hadnt installed NERO, but i installed the latest version of nero (Nero 6.3.0.3) and it still doesnt come up, it wont recognise the drive. Have i done anything wrong? can anyone suggest anything?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanx

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.