DVD/CD drives stop working Code 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Dell XPS Gen 4, that has been working perfectly running Vista Home Premium for over 6 month, hosever over the weekend I started having a problem playing any type of CD or DVD in my CC/DVD drives. After a little trouble shooting this is what I found.

Description:
Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 10.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: PnPDeviceProblemCode
Architecture: x86
Hardware Id: IDE\CdRomPHILIPS_DVD+-RW_DVD8631_________________GD30____
Setup class GUID: {4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
PnP problem code: 0000000A
Driver name: cdrom.sys
Driver version: 6.0.6000.16386
Driver date: 11-02-2006
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

This is going on on both my CD/DVD drives, again, both were working just fine on Saturday & then Sunday, this. I tried deleting the drives from the device manager & rebooting but the same message came back up. Can someone help advice? Thanks in advance for your time.

Hello, captkirk, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, try finding the latest drivers on the dell website and installing them then see how it goes :)

Try uninstalling the software and then reinstalling it. See if that corrects the problem. If this doesn't take care of the problem, the Windows drivers have become corrupt and you'll have to reformat. This happend from time to time. I just had to uninstall all the software and drivers for my X-Fi card today because I was having problems on start up (crackling or you couldn't hear any sound). So I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it. Everything is back to normal.

Thanks for your help & reply. I had this problem posted on several forums & tried a fix that originally came from Microsoft & it worked. I am beginning this think that is was caused by the installation of The Print Shop 22, especially after receiving a reply from a tech from the company saying that they had had several problems with this happening, but not exactly the same as mine. Don't you just love new software! Thanks again for your time & help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back