Dvd/Cd reading and writing very slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Phate

So I got a Hp laptop well mine and my gfs,(TEAC DV-W24EW) and It is writing so slow....I mean i remember this laptop did just about as well as my desktop now its extremely slow speeds are at like 2x and 4x max.

Im setting the burning speeds at max. ideas?

have you tried better quality CDs? (or at least different brand)?

Run a CD/DVD speed test and see what it reports (i believe you should find one in Nero as well)

/****** Edit ***********/
And have you checked the HP support site for firmware upgrades?

I have decent brand cds dvds I have Dvd+r Memorex Dvd-R Hp's and Cd-R Maxells music Cd's. I have checked for firmware updates and tried to i get this weird screen ill take a ss and post test results as well.
The attachment is a ss of me attemping to update the firmware. and after is apparently Installs this is what i get I cant press the FW Flashiup whatever that is unless i select a file named s5hp108.DLD and even then it says that program cannot be used for the selected device.

Check to make sure the drive is in DMA mode rather than PIO.
DMAPIO.png

Well there were all set on that setting DMA if available also I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers via Hp chat support no help they told me to reinstall windows Xp.....

Test in a Different Computer

You should test the drive in a different computer to see if you get the same results. If you can't do that, I'd send it back to HP if it's still under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back