DVD/CD writer won't play any CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
For some reason my ASUS burner is not playing any cd's. It seems to read blank DVD's no problem, but not burnt cd's. If anyone could help it would be great. Thanks,
Newfie1976

If it is new send it back. If it is old your CD reading laser may have died. See if you can boot up from a cd, if not double check your cables and then get a new drive because its broke.

Also make sure you try different software....I have had issues with writing using certain software :suspiciou: ....

My sollution

I had a read problem with my brand new Sony DVD-RW.
I updated the Firmware and it was ok then.
First time i thought this was necessary.

cfitzarl - If he can't boot off of a cd then no software in the world is going to fix it, the laser is toast.

Whoops, I misread his post. I thought he said he couldn't burn :blush: . Then I take back what I said, I'll try and read posts more carefully now ;) . I change what I said....and now agree with SNGX

Quoteing my Sony Manual

1.Minimum ram = 1 GB.
2.OS = XP or 2K
3.We recommend useing the drive with the latest Firmware,etc.
You need a Manual.:wave:

Quoting from my Plextor PX-740A box (16x DVD burner)

CPU: Pentium 4 1.4Ghz
RAM: 256MB
HD: 800MB to 10GB depending on CD or DVD

Basically it doesn't matter, I guarentee you it will work in a k62 400 because I copied a dvd on that with a Lite-On 16x burner a few months ago. He's got a hardware problem if he can't boot off a cd. If he can then we can and should explore other options, but I don't think system requirements has a damn thing to do with not reading a cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back