DVD Cloner 5 - help convert to AVI

By morgandy
Mar 11, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I purchased the package this morning from Herman Street ; it is supposed to include conversion to AVI, WMV, etc when you copy your DVD's. It is supposed to be bundled into the package I bought. However, there appears to be separate components to purchase to do this. Has anyone used this software? And have you successfully used all the features advertised? See this link for features. I need a lot of help with different options, and of course they are unresponsive.

Not sure if this is the right forum, please let me know if I should put this in a different one.

Thanks greatly...

Features: Bundled with DVD Cloner 5 is the ability to convert your DVDs to multiple formats using DVD to AVI, DVD to MPEG and DVD to SVCD. Typically this would require expensive additional software, but with version 5 it's already included.

This software also has the ability to copy to your hard drive, which is a useful, energy saving feature for laptops.

Herman Street Site is the creator..I am unable to post links until I hit a 5 post count. :
  2. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,202

3. morgandy

morgandy Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Is this the one? dvd-to-divx.com/dtaindex And will it work with the Cloner 5 that is made by Herman Street? (had to leave out the http etc., almost at my 5 posts though!

Also, really stupid question most likely, but, in experimenting so far with the software, I selected just one portion of a movie to save to my hd. These are the files that resulted:

video_ts.bup
    vedio_ts.ifo
    vts_01.bup

etc...

How do I then play these back, or render them into a playable format?

Thank you greatly!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.