Dvd decrypter help

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know how to use dvd decrypter I.m getting error message when trying to burn dvd that reads ''you maximum number of secrets stored in a single system has been exceeded?

thanks

If I didn't Know Better I'd Swear.......

does anyone know how to use dvd decrypter I.m getting error message when trying to burn dvd that reads ''you maximum number of secrets stored in a single system has been exceeded?
This almost seems like a wacky practical joke brought to you by the wonderful people at Macrovision. Nah, couldn't be.

BTW, where did you download your copy of DVD Decrypter? Just so nobody repeats the same mistake.

Right, the link I gave talked about it being a real error, and my initial googling for that error actually came up with a variety of programs giving that error, so it isn't program specific it seems. And since I've used a lot of the programs I saw mentioned and never seen this error I have to side with the idea that something bad is on that system.

Right, the link I gave talked about it being a real error, and my initial googling for that error actually came up with a variety of programs giving that error, so it isn't program specific it seems. And since I've used a lot of the programs I saw mentioned and never seen this error I have to side with the idea that something bad is on that system.
Sorry, didn't mean to infer that malware couldn't be the problem vs it was just such a weird sounding error message (i've never seen/heard of before) i was, myself, surprised to find it documented in MS tech literature. So just posted what i found...

As for malware.. interesting as now that i skimmed all the way through your link it seems that malware might in fact cause the error message for some reason. So good advice and well worth the look :)

It does seem an odd confluence of events to have installed DVD Decrypter, then begin to get an error message that there are, "too many secrets" on the PC.

It seems to resemble a buffer overflow issue. Like something is generating a bunch of bogus files.

I'd still like to know where this copy of DVD Decrypter was downloaded.

Odd never seen this error message

What type of computer are you running this program on? I have had problems with burner programs on older systems with the system bogging down and not finishing the disc properly

TO use DVD decrypter though you just stick in the dvd and hit the button and it rips it to the hdd.... its pretty simple....

What version of the program are you using would be useful as well i suppose....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back