Dvd decrypter help

By sostrow
Aug 22, 2009
  1. does anyone know how to use dvd decrypter I.m getting error message when trying to burn dvd that reads ''you maximum number of secrets stored in a single system has been exceeded?

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

Sounds fishy to me, never heard of that error so I googled it. Turns out you may want to go post in the malware forum here and see if anything odd turns up on the scans they'll have you run.

This is where I got my info:

Our malware forum is here if you want one on one advice rather than trying what was going on in the thread I linked.
  3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,455   +1,759

If I didn't Know Better I'd Swear.......

This almost seems like a wacky practical joke brought to you by the wonderful people at Macrovision. Nah, couldn't be.

BTW, where did you download your copy of DVD Decrypter? Just so nobody repeats the same mistake.
  4. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

Truth can be stranger then fiction...

Believe it or not this is a legit Windows error message

Terminal Server Error Messages: 1200 to 1399
    (look at Error 1381)

And per Microsoft Technet
    As to just what the heck is causing the error or how to fix it... i dunno :confused:
  5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

Right, the link I gave talked about it being a real error, and my initial googling for that error actually came up with a variety of programs giving that error, so it isn't program specific it seems. And since I've used a lot of the programs I saw mentioned and never seen this error I have to side with the idea that something bad is on that system.
  6. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

Sorry, didn't mean to infer that malware couldn't be the problem vs it was just such a weird sounding error message (i've never seen/heard of before) i was, myself, surprised to find it documented in MS tech literature. So just posted what i found...

As for malware.. interesting as now that i skimmed all the way through your link it seems that malware might in fact cause the error message for some reason. So good advice and well worth the look :)
  7. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,455   +1,759

It does seem an odd confluence of events to have installed DVD Decrypter, then begin to get an error message that there are, "too many secrets" on the PC.

It seems to resemble a buffer overflow issue. Like something is generating a bunch of bogus files.

I'd still like to know where this copy of DVD Decrypter was downloaded.
  8. Corwin613

Corwin613 TS Enthusiast Posts: 93

Odd never seen this error message

What type of computer are you running this program on? I have had problems with burner programs on older systems with the system bogging down and not finishing the disc properly

TO use DVD decrypter though you just stick in the dvd and hit the button and it rips it to the hdd.... its pretty simple....

What version of the program are you using would be useful as well i suppose....
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.