DVD drive isn't being recognized by burning software

I just built a computer. My dvd drive is a Lite-On ATAPI iHAS124 B ATA Device. i can use it to read discs and it seemed fine till i tried to burn a dvd with windows dvd maker. It cant find a DVD burning drive. I tried different programs with the same results. I went into the device manager and device properties, and under its general properties in "device status" it says "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)". I have gone to the Lite-On site and looked for its drivers to download and the closest i could find was iHas120. Ive tried looking on other websites but have had no luck. I am running Windows 7 64bit Home edition. Hope someone can help. i know its dvd+r rewriteable drive, it says so right on it.

didnt work

I tried it but I just got a error message. I took a picture of it and added it as a attatchment to this post

I then uninstalled the drive, rebooted, when I turned it on it popped up in the bottum that new driver was not installed correctly. now I still have the same code 32 message

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    31.7 KB · Views: 4
Back