DVD Drive not being recognised in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledgus

I recently installed Vista Ultimate on my computer, and appart from all the other issues I have been having, the one that is really pissing me off is the fact that it won't recognise my DVD burner!! The drive is picked up in bios and recognised prior to windows booting up, but in windows it won't show the drive! I went into device manager and saw the drive, and it says the drivers weren't properly installed. I went update drivers and it failed!!! Anyone got any ideas? Please only post if you have knowledge and a good idea, no stupid questions that lead nowhere please. Thanks

You may need to upgrade Vista to SP1 or upgrade the firmware of the DVD. What is your DVD model?

In device manager it says "HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-GSAH12N ATA Device"
The drive is an LG drive

Hey sledgus

Under Device Manager click on "Storage Controllers" ..... If there are two listed there, uninstall the one that ISN'T the LG DVD drive and also tick the Delete driver option on prompt..... then under CD/DVD-Rom Drives, uninstall your CD/DVD drive as well.... then restart your pc and the drivers should automatically install ....

Spyder_1386 :)

Hey spyder... I tried that, under storage controllers there is only 'Microsoft iSCSI initiator'

Also, thanks for the suggestion to install SP1, I did install it, but still didnt work unfortuanately :(

Anything else i can try?

GRR so frustrated! I found a firmware update for my drive, but It can't see the drive to install the update!!! MAN!

Kudos to you Kimsland! I tried that and all is working great guns now. Thanks heaps man your a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back