DVD drive when plugged stop system from booting past BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my system was just working fine when my PSU decided to choke on me. Went to the store and bought a 550W power supply made in China by power bay. More power then I need but for the same price I thought why not. I use to have an Antec 380W. Now I figured out when I plug the DVD drive the system won't boot past the bios. If the DVD drive is unplugged then my computer works fine but I have no DVD. I know my DVD is working because I plugged it once the pc booted past the bios and managed to install my antivirus. What is the problem?? My old psu had 6 4 pin (molex) connector which two were for fan only. This new psu has only 3 molex which is really ackward to connect one HDD, one Video car and my DVD and the case fan. Should I go get a decent brand with more connectors or is it something else that cause the problem ???

Thanks

You will need to get a molex adapter. Obviously your DVD isn't hooked up correctly. What's ackward? backward?

Thanks, I'll check if an adapter does the trick. I thought it was awkward to have three molex to plug four devices (hdd, fan, Video card, drive). It makes sense in a way with newer system using SATA but I don't have that so. If worst comes to worst and the adapter doesn't work I'll fork out an extra 30$ and get a 450W PSY with six molex plug. Will see if that makes a difference. Thanks again for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back