DVD-RW not functioning

hello everyone.. please help. my dvd did not function. When i checked the device manager theres a triangle with exclamation point on the modem device on high definition audio bus. what should i do? please help....................................................................

When you click on that modem device on high definition audio bus is it saying the driver out of date or is it saying its an actual hardware issue?

If it's just a driver issue just google for the driver and find an easy free download for it.

this message appear THIS DEVICE IN NOT WORKING PROPERLY BECAUSE WINDOWS CANNOT LOAD THE DRIVERS REQUIRED FOR THIS DEVICE (CODE 31)

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
Recommended resolution

Update the driver

You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in, or may still have the driver files installed from the last time that you set up the device. However, sometimes, it will open the New Hardware Wizard which may ask for the driver. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor’s Web site.

In the device Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard. Follow the instructions to update the driver.

The wizard normally doesn't work all the time for me...So I would just go to the hardware vendor's site and download the driver or just google whatever the device the high definition audio bus is for the driver.

If your not tech savvy just whenever you find the download just click download then hit save as and save it to your desktop then once its done just double click it on the desktop.

I think you have 2 different problems
theres a triangle with exclamation point on the modem device on high definition audio bus.
That device seems to be the modem on your Hi Def sound card.
> If the modem has a problem my guess is it still shouldn't cause your DVD not to work
> You can try to update the driver per above post, but if it still remains a problem i think fixing your DVD is more so the problem unless you really need your modem working right away

For help with your DVD
> What is make/model of your computer, what version of windows?
> Try opening device manager, rt click the dvd->Uninstall. Reboot. It will reinstall itself
> Also see if this might apply [post=815753]CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters[/post]

If problems continue, please give a short description of the DVD problem: just what the DVD is or is not doing

Back