Dvd-rw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix CMXIV

I have a DVD RW disc that i want ti put data on. i put it in my DVD burner drive and it doesnt see it. it displays an empty drive

Fixes?

I have previously burned another disc that came from the same case, in a previous event. and ive tried 2 others, thinking they were duds.

A blank disc is a blank disc

Depending on your Windows settings the CD Drive folder will open to show nothing, or it will not open at all (ie if IMAPI CD-Burning service is disabled in services.msc)

It isn't uncommon that disks just don't jive well with drives. I would guess that you just have some disks that don't agree with your drive. You have a couple options, replace the drive or get different disks.

I have used the same disc with it. well, from the same package. Why would one disc work, but another one from the exact same stack not, just a week later?

It happens. Sometimes a few discs out of a stack don't work well with a drive while the rest are okay. Perhaps there is poor quality control or some other reason.

I have tried 6 Discs from that stack. And they ran on another computer. I appriciate the input but ive tried that. any more suggestions? could for some reason all the discs expire??? or damage as a group?

DVD Drive (Hardware) issue
Can require a "Cleaner Disc" to be put through it
Or could just be a faulty DVD R/W drive

As SNGX1275 said, sometimes it's a brand compatibility issue (not a damage issue) even though it doesn't affect 100% of the disks. On the other hand does the DVD drive play other DVDs okay? Perhaps the DVD drive has gone bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back