DVD won't read in 7eral drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a DVD which will not read in any of the DVD drives I own. It plays for about 7 seconds and then simply freezes.

So it seems apparent that there is something faulty with the beginning part of the disk.

However sometimes it is possible to view the contents of the disk in windows explorer.

I was therefore wondering if I might be able to access some of the later chapters directly from windows explorer.

When I do into the video folder rach chapter seems to have 3 files associated with it.

I was just wondering which file I should use to view the film and how I should open it. Also the audio files are stored seperately is it possible to open the audio and video for a given chapter together?

Also on a sepereate note is thereanything I can do to recovert the DVD? I sometimes see scratch repair kits. Are they any good in your opinion??

Baz

You might be able to copy this damaged DVD by using a program like Alcohol 120%. Just tell Alcohol to ignore read errors. It will take a while but it may be worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back