DVI to VGA connection not working

By Andrasitc
Sep 3, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hi everyone, I just got my HTPC and connected to my LG LH7000 lcd full hd tv, but I have some problems. When I use VGA to VGA cable I get the picture on tv but not in the full resolution1920x1080. When I set this resolution, I have to "pan" the desktop on tv. Since the motherboard has the DVI output, I tried to use the DVI to VGA cable, but my tv says "no signal". Mobo is biostar TA790GXB3 with integrated ATI HD Radeon 3300. How can I make the DVI output working?
    I must mention that before I tried the same tv with the same cable but on other computer with ATI HD 3300 that is not integrated on the mobo and it worked perfectly.
    I use Windows XP SP3. Also tried with Win 7 64 bit and Win 7 x86, but always was the same problem - DVI connection not working
  2. fimbles

fimbles TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,229   +119

Its strange that you have to pan the desktop at that resolution as a standard vga to vga cable should be able to display that resolution fine, and as far as i can google, so can your tv.

Its sounds to me like maybe a tv setting. Does the aspect ratio set itself to something funny like superwide or something?
  3. Andrasitc

Andrasitc Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

aspect ratio is set to 16:9. I know it should be "just scan", but that option is not available

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.