DVI to VGA converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Commando

Where in the UK can I buy a DVI to VGA converter to use another VGA monitor using the DVI socket on my GF4?

I know these converters are around somewhere but i'm not sure where to buy though.

On the subject of using 2 displays (or TwinView), who can tell me some examples of where you would find two displays useful? e.g. 1 display used for word processing and the other for some fancy full screen animation plugin with Winamp playing music.

It should have come with your card. I know it comes with the Gainward.

Just extra desktop. Multiple browser windows, multiple apps open without being on top of each other. You can fit a whole lotta stuff on a 3200x1200 desktop. The downside is that pop up dialogue boxes open up in the divider between the screens.

Originally posted by Snowy Commando
On the subject of using 2 displays (or TwinView), who can tell me some examples of where you would find two displays useful? e.g. 1 display used for word processing and the other for some fancy full screen animation plugin with Winamp playing music.

I found having two monitors was useful, for, say, watching a DVD or other movie on your primary monitor and surfing the net/IRCing on the other :cool:

It's kinda useless in games for me because my primary monitor displays the game and the other screen just turns black, or if I click anything on the other screen it minimizes the game on my other screen :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back