TechSpot

DVI to VGA converter

By Snowy Commando
Jul 19, 2002
  1. Where in the UK can I buy a DVI to VGA converter to use another VGA monitor using the DVI socket on my GF4?

I know these converters are around somewhere but i'm not sure where to buy though.

On the subject of using 2 displays (or TwinView), who can tell me some examples of where you would find two displays useful? e.g. 1 display used for word processing and the other for some fancy full screen animation plugin with Winamp playing music.

2. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 837

It should have come with your card. I know it comes with the Gainward.

Just extra desktop. Multiple browser windows, multiple apps open without being on top of each other. You can fit a whole lotta stuff on a 3200x1200 desktop. The downside is that pop up dialogue boxes open up in the divider between the screens.

3. Snowy Commando

Snowy Commando TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 205

In fact, most if not all Geforce4 TI card don't come with it as far as I know. :mad:

4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

I have one I don't need..

5. Snowy Commando

Snowy Commando TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 205

6. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

I found having two monitors was useful, for, say, watching a DVD or other movie on your primary monitor and surfing the net/IRCing on the other :cool:

It's kinda useless in games for me because my primary monitor displays the game and the other screen just turns black, or if I click anything on the other screen it minimizes the game on my other screen :rolleyes:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.