DVI very blury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HPCE_Larry

I recently installed windows on my new computer. I'm using an 8800gts using a dvi dual link connection to a samsung 906bw 19" widescreen monitor. The strange thing is, its very blurry. I'm at the correct resolution/color bit etc. Linux looked fine I think. Why is this looking weird? I have the most updated drivers. Everything looks blurry, even games.

Let's get rid of the obvious things first:

1- Make sure your DVI cable is properly connected and don't have any damage on it. double check, trust me (been there)
2- Can you try a different monitor for a moment.

I keep thinking a corrupted driver can cause this. but you can also check for the refresh rate and this one depends on the monitor about which one supports. (60-70hz)

Make sure you have the correct resolution, sometimes if your native res for your video card is too high for your monitor it will look blurry, mostly happens in crt's.

The cable's fine. Its at its native resolution of 1440x900 @75hz. I just checked again, linux is crystal clear. Its just windows.

That helped a little, but its not just text. Everything is blurry, including games and stuff, pictures, etc.

EDIT: I'm also sometimes getting blue screens. Its not temps or anything, cpu load is 46c, gfx card is 58c.

I read that changing the hertz for an LCD can harm it and 0offers no benefit anyway; what is the native setting, 60 hz?

I have come across only three drivers (so far) said to work well with that card when it is troublesome:

97.46, 97.92 and 100.54 .

gl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back