E-book sales tripled in 2010

By Emil
Apr 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. The trade association of the US book publishing industry tracks monthly and year-to-date publishers' net sales revenue in all categories of commercial, education, professional, and scholarly books and journals. E-book sales have tripled over the past year, according to the February 2011 sales report released by the Association of American Publishers (AAP).

Read the whole story
  2. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 828   +17

I thought really hard about switching to ebooks. I read A LOT and thought it might be a good way to save money. But most of the books I looked at buying they wanted the same price for the ebook as the paperback. Decided I might as well buy the paper back.
  3. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

Totally. I guess I'm old fashioned that way, but if I have to pay the same amount for something digital as something physical, I'll stick with the physical option.

They're basically putting a surcharge on e-books for convenience/novelty, as their costs as compared to a physical book are much cheaper.

School and technical books may be another matter if they offer advantages in terms of web links and animations, but for run of the mill fiction and non-fiction, I don't think they should be charging the same price.
  4. Coodu

Coodu TS Booster Posts: 173

As I use a computer at work and at night for gaming, sitting down with a good book in bed I quite enjoy sometimes. I don't think I could swap this facet of my non technology life to a screen as well, my eyes would probably blow up :p