TechSpot

"E:\ is not Accessible. Incorrect Function"

By Bekssa
Aug 6, 2009
  1. I want to copy photos from my computer to a CD (in my E drive). My first problem was that the E drive did not show up as one of my options when I went to "Send" the files. I went to "My Computer" and double clicked the E drive and that's when I got the above remark (see title of this thread). I tried right clicking on the E drive and checked "properties" and found that the pie for the E drive is completely blue, which supposedly means full? I am using a brand new CD and I tried several other blanks just to be sure. I don't know what to do next.

I am not very knowledgeable about computers, so if anyone can help me--I would really appreciate it. But--please lead me step by step--I know just enough to get around. To most of you, I am probably the age of your grandmother--so be kind.

2. strategic

strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,274

Do you have any CD/DVD burning software?
    It usually ships with a new system...

3. Bekssa

Bekssa TS Rookie Topic Starter

I forgot to mention that I have done this many times before (same computer, drives, etc.) without any problem. My first reaction was that I had just forgotten how to do it--but I think there is a problem with that drive. The strange thing is that it has no problem burning a music CD. I just tried doing that again and it works fine. I am unsure why it will burn music but not photos.

4. kroby

kroby TS Rookie

For what it's worth... I just got my XT Pro SP3 Tosh A100 LT back from "repair" where the CD/DVD was replaced and discovered with several of the CD/DVD disks that I used for backup caused the ",,,Incorrect Function" Message. I tried all the checking and unchecking suggested in previous posts without success. Looking at the difference between disks that were read correctly and the ones that weren't, I discovered that disks that had been written with drag-to-disk and not closed would fail. By turning on drag-to-disk and eject set to close the disk (on a different CPU used to burn the backups in the first place), I could "fix" the disks so they would be read on the Tosh. I may find that installing Roxio software may also fix the problem, haven't tried yet.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.