"E:\ is not Accessible. Incorrect Function"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to copy photos from my computer to a CD (in my E drive). My first problem was that the E drive did not show up as one of my options when I went to "Send" the files. I went to "My Computer" and double clicked the E drive and that's when I got the above remark (see title of this thread). I tried right clicking on the E drive and checked "properties" and found that the pie for the E drive is completely blue, which supposedly means full? I am using a brand new CD and I tried several other blanks just to be sure. I don't know what to do next.

I am not very knowledgeable about computers, so if anyone can help me--I would really appreciate it. But--please lead me step by step--I know just enough to get around. To most of you, I am probably the age of your grandmother--so be kind.

I forgot to mention that I have done this many times before (same computer, drives, etc.) without any problem. My first reaction was that I had just forgotten how to do it--but I think there is a problem with that drive. The strange thing is that it has no problem burning a music CD. I just tried doing that again and it works fine. I am unsure why it will burn music but not photos.

For what it's worth... I just got my XT Pro SP3 Tosh A100 LT back from "repair" where the CD/DVD was replaced and discovered with several of the CD/DVD disks that I used for backup caused the ",,,Incorrect Function" Message. I tried all the checking and unchecking suggested in previous posts without success. Looking at the difference between disks that were read correctly and the ones that weren't, I discovered that disks that had been written with drag-to-disk and not closed would fail. By turning on drag-to-disk and eject set to close the disk (on a different CPU used to burn the backups in the first place), I could "fix" the disks so they would be read on the Tosh. I may find that installing Roxio software may also fix the problem, haven't tried yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back