E machine intermittently wont boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle2

Hi,

Ive an Emachine (friends) which intermittently wont boot. Originally it worked ok, but then they had a power surge and the motherboard needed replacing.

This worked OK but the HDD wouldnt boot to windows so after some copying of older files the system booted to windows OK.

3 Days later the system came back to me, not booting. I got it to boot on 3rd attempt, so swapped out the PSU for good measure and seemed to have no problem.

Now after a further 3 days it wont boot again.

My friend advised he has a surge protector and everything plugs into this.

I have sent the MB back to the company I bought it from to have it returned with NFF. I have ordered another as a just incase. (should arrive today).

When the PC dosent boot, it dosent even try to power up. I have changed everything I can think of which would relate to this problem, and willing to change other parts if anyone can think of anything?

Thank you

Michelle

You need to replace the power supply once more and install the new motherboard... In Emachines it is always wise to replace the power supply and the motherboard at the same time

Tmagic650 said:
You need to replace the power supply once more and install the new motherboard... In Emachines it is always wise to replace the power supply and the motherboard at the same time

Thank you, new mb/psu at the same time, and system appears to be working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back