TechSpot

E-Waste by the numbers: Infographic

By Julio Franco
Feb 12, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Who doesn't love a cool gadget that can make your life easier on the day to day? Evidently tech enthusiasts like ourselves tend to spend more on electronics and upgrade more often than the average consumer, but as tech has...

Read more
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,490   +292

I am really surprised the monitor recycling numbers aren't higher in the US. You can't legally throw them away in my town, and I suspect it is like that almost everywhere. Our city recycling center actually charges to accept them.

But.

If you donate them to Goodwill, they recycle them for you, for free. So if you are sitting on a pile of old monitors that you don't know what to do with, give them to Goodwill. I was told by the one here they don't even check to see if they work because they don't resell them, they just recycle them all.
  3. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 843   +11

I find a lot of things in the rural disposal sites aka "Green Cans" that are not supposed to be thrown in there. By buddy pulled up one time, and the local power company was unloading a full pickup load of old CRT monitors they had recently replaced :p.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.