E1505 - Replacing Mobo - Compatibility Issues?

By jstluise
Apr 21, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've started searching for a replacement motherboard for my e1505. My question is will any 'e1505' mobo replace another 'e1505' mobo? Is the interchangability that simple? Or is there some underlying specs that I must look out for?

I'm replacing the bare mobo (no processor, video card, etc...I have all those).

I've attached some pictures that show numbers on the motherboard.

Any information would be very helpful. I've never had to replace anything this critical and I won't want to get stuck with something that won't work.

Attached Files:

2. lamo

lamo Newcomer, in training Posts: 570

mb e1505 is the same mb with dell inspiron 6400. DA0xxxxxxxx letters tell you that this is quanta motherboard. do search with words: e1505,inspiron 6400 and you'll find mb that fits your needs. remember, that these models came with various configurations(integrated gma950 graphics, discrete videocard(radeon x1400))
  3. jstluise

jstluise Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 51

Thank you for the response.

So does this mean that not every mobo is the same (that comes out of a e1505)? Is the only way to check this is by the numbers on the mobo? What exactly can change b/w mobos? Sorry for all the questions.

From looking on ebay, a 'e1505 mobo' search comes up with results VGA MD666 and YD612. Do these numbers need to match what I have? Or does it not matter?

Thanks for the help...i did find someone locally that has a working e1505 they are parting out. It was made around the same time as mine (fall '06) so we'll see if it works.
  4. lamo

lamo Newcomer, in training Posts: 570

you can install mb with intel GMA950 or you can install mb with discrete videocard.just check visually your mb for compatibility.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.