E6850 & Optimal DDR2 Memory w/975X Chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savage1701

I have an Asus P5W64-WS board. It runs the 975X chipset. I have upgraded to the latest BIOS and installed an Intel E6850. All is well, and not unexpectedly my temps have dropped about 8 degrees centigrade. My bus speed is reported as 333, FSB as 1333, and my multiplier as 9. My question is, what is the optimal DDR2 memory speed that I should pair with this processor? I am not going to overclock or game, so I am not as concerned about latency or tweaking, I just want to know what the optimal memory speed would be to match the FSB, etc. This computer is used as a trading workstation, so stability trumps wringing the last bit of speed out of the the system.

Thanks for any suggestions.

First of all, nice board ;)

The 975X chipset supports 1066MHz RAM (PC8500) so no reason to use any other lower clocked RAM with that CPU.

helpp

hey ok so my question has nothing to do with this section but i couldnt find any title that did
but i really need some help!
i got this mp3 for easter and it wont let me sync the songs and its making me mad because its saying that my mp3 isnt functaning but its in and says its ready im so sad please help me!

I very well could be wrong, but, I'd hope Asus would provide the correct information on their website about their motherboards. Anything is possible :).

*Edit*
sarahsweety said:
hey ok so my question has nothing to do with this section but i couldnt find any title that did
but i really need some help!
i got this mp3 for easter and it wont let me sync the songs and its making me mad because its saying that my mp3 isnt functaning but its in and says its ready im so sad please help me!

Sarahsweety, start your own thread in the "Other Hardware" forum by clicking this link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=14.

I was not sure my board could go past PC800 but I did not know if PC667 was a better match to 1333 FSB or if it really did not matter.

You're always best off matching the RAM and FSB frequencies in my opinion. However, if your FSB is running at a higher frequency than your motherboard supports the RAM running at, buying DDR2 800MHz RAM such as this is the best you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back