TechSpot

EA: microtransactions are more profitable than in-game ads

By Matthew
Dec 23, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. In an interview with Edge, Electronic Arts revealed that in-game ads aren't as profitable as originally expected. Ben Cousins, EA's general manager of free-to-play operations, told the publication that the mega-publisher "[isn't] getting much from ad revenue at all," and that the in-game advertising model hasn't grown as quickly as people expected it to. Instead, Cousins explained that microtransactions are more profitable.

Read the whole story

2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,354   +109

So... what will be different in BF P4F and BC2?

3. pcnthuziast

pcnthuziast TS Rookie Posts: 313

I play the beta and it's really solid for a freebie. The controls aren't as tight as BC2, but all in all the gameplay feels right to me. The gfx are basic and as such the game should run just fine on hardware that's a few years old. It's worth checking out if you haven't already!

4. play for free is pretty much a remake of Battlefield 2 (2005). It uses Battlefield 2 maps and vehicles with Bad Company weapons. When I finally get to play it, it will probably be able to keep me busy until Battlefield 3.

5. RaiDeR55

RaiDeR55 TS Rookie Posts: 45

I have played too.It does feel pretty solid for a beta right now.Flashbacks to BF2 days for sure..
    Should run on LTs ok with the graphics basic as they are..But you can crank them up to 1920x1200.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.